Honey Pandey received her B.Tech in Electronics and Communications Engineering from Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India in 2014. She received her M.S in Electrical Engineering from University of Buffalo (UB), The State University of New York, in 2016. She is currently pursuing her Ph.D. under the guidance of professor Josep Miquel Jornet in the UB Nano Lab. She worked as a Student Assistant at University at Buffalo Immigration Services from June 2015 to June 2016, and Teaching Assistant since 2016.
She worked as a Test Engineer intern, in Akustica Bosch Groups, from May 2017 – August 2017. Her work focused on assisting with Test Engineering experiments, data analysis from said experiments and writing conclusion presentations. Working together giving direction to technicians for running experiments. Performing predefined experiments at the direction of the Test Engineers and also devise some experiments of their own based on the desired goals to test microphones under various test bench conditions as well as assist with other projects.
Her research interests include wireless communication and networks, in particular, Terahertz-band communication and wearable nano-biosensing networks.
- P. Johari, H. Pandey, A. Sangwan and J. M. Jornet, “Increasing the Communication Distance between Nano-biosensing Implants and Wearable Devices,” to appear in Proc. of the 19th IEEE International Workshop on Signal Processing Advances in Wireless Communications (SPAWC), Kalamata, Greece, June 2018.
- P. Johari, H. Pandey and J. M. Jornet, “Interconnecting Wearable Devices with Nano-biosensing Implants through Optical Wireless Communications,” to appear in Proc. of the SPIE Photonics West: BiOS, International Society for Optics and Photonics, San Francisco, CA, January 2018.
Teaching Assistant for
- EAS 199 Grand Challenges-Seminar, Fall 2016, Spring 2017 and Fall 2017
- Center for Talented Youth, John Hopkins, Carlisle PA, June 2016 – August 2016
Professional Activities and Service to the Scientific Community
- Secretary: IEEE Women in Engineering, Bangalore, India 2012-2013
Departmental, School and University Service
- Student ambassador: January 2017-Present